I’m going to do it, I’m switching to Mineral Makeup! Not going to lie, I’m a little nervous and really hope I like it!
Have you ever tried switching to Mineral Makeup?
I’ve never been all that fussy about makeup, Didn’t even start wearing it until I was already an adult. But, I enjoy that it makes me feel pretty and put together and I’ve learned to have fun with things like eye shadows and lipstick!!
Young Living has quickly become a part of our life, in every aspect. And you’ll find products from Young Living in nearly every room in our home (in both cars too) And now, you’ll even find Young Living in my make up bag.
Switching To Mineral Makeup
So Why switch?
We really have been becoming more aware of the products and toxins we use in our daily lives. Swapping as many items with synthetic fragrances and other unknown ingredients out for more natural products.
What Makes Savvy Minerals from Young Living so great?
The Savvy Minerals line was highlighted in Aprils newsletter called The Essential Edge! Here’s a little of what they say about it!
Savvy Minerals isn’t just continuing Young Living’s 25-year tradition of crafting pure, effective products- It’s defining and leading the clean beauty movement. Our goal? Offer a range that doesn’t make you choose between performance and freedom from harsh chemicals because for us, true clean beauty is both. Every Savvy Minerals product gives you peace of mind as well as a powerful color payoff, all-day wear, easy application, and beautiful results that let the real you shine.
Defining what clean makeup is starts by defining what it isn’t. We’ve used the European Unions list of more than 1,300 banned personal care ingredients as a jumping-off point and add some of our own to create a list of ingredients you’ll never find in Savvy Minerals products.
Here are just a few mainstream ingredients our formulas exclude:
- Bismuth Oxychloride – A compound of the heavy metal bismuth oxychloride is a pigment that can cause skin irritation.
- Formaldehyde – A recognized human carcinogen, formaldehyde is commonly used as a preservative.
- Parabens – parabens are often used to prevent mold, fungus, and bacteria growth. With estrogen-mimicking properties, however, parabens have been connected to breast cancer.
- Phthalates – Phthalates are used as a solvent and fixative in synthetic fragrances but are also known as endocrine disruptors that have been linked to fertility issues, hormone imbalances, developmental problems, and more.
- Red 7 lake – A bright red pigment, red lake 7 is derived from coal tar. As if its origins weren’t dirty enough, it can trigger allergic reactions.
- Talc – Often used as a base for powder cosmetics, talc is associated with the development of some cancers. In its natural form, it also contains asbestos.
These common ingredients are just a peek at what you’ll never find in Savvy Minerals, but it gets even better. We believe that clean beauty is kind of beauty. Savvy Minerals products also proudly bear the designation “not tested on animals.” So while you’re dodging the harsh chemicals, you’re also showing our furry friends some love.
One of the most fantastic things about getting your make up from Young Living is that you can get a wholesale membership with them. Not only get your makeup at a wholesale price BUT you can earn rewards points for everything you order, then turn around and use them for MORE MAKEUP!!! or oils or skin care products or household products (you get the picture) yay!
Yes, that means you can get 20/25% back from buying your clean cleaning products and laundry detergent and then use those points for an eye shadow pallet or blush or whatever your heart desires!!! I think you’ll agree that is something worth getting excited about!
Want to know more about Young Living?
Want to read about other uses for YoungLiving products?