We love eating this Strawberry Chicken Salad all summer long! A little crusty bread is all you need for a complete, refreshing meal!
If you are anything like us, you have been filling these “last days of summer” with as much sun and fun as you possibly can. Or perhaps you are amoung the many who have already started school and all sorts of busy activities. Either way, You should add this refreshing salad to your regular menu, especially while the days are still so warm!
Prepared in just minutes it’s a great plan for even your busiest days!
Let us know if you try it, we really do love this salad and hope you do too!
|Prep Time||20 minutes|
|Cook Time||0 minutes|
- 1 head Romaine lettuce chopped
- 2 cups cooked chicken breast I usually bake 2-3 chicken breasts with olive oil and garlic salt. Or you could throw it in the IP. or even better yet.. pick up a rotisserie chicken and use it here.
- 4 oz Gorgonzola crumbled
- 3/4 cup pecans halves
- 1 qrt Strawberries chopped
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 6 Tablespoons Red Wine Vinegar
- 4 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoons Dijon Mustard
- 1/2 teaspoons Salt
- 1 clove garlic
- If you prepare all the ingredients, all you'll need to do is throw it all together! or you can layer it for a really pretty salad before you devour it! 🙂
- To Layer it, place half the lettuce in a deep bowl, then the chicken, cheese, pecan halves and then the remaining lettuce and top off with the strawberries.
- For the vinaigrette: I usually make it in a measuring cup, Mix all the dressing ingredients and either whisk or use your immersion blender. Just before serving, pour vinaigrette over salad.
I broil a little garlic bread or throw in some biscuits to serve along with this and call it a complete meal 🙂 easy, refreshing, and delicious!