Applesauce in the Instant Pot!
Applesauce could not be easier using the Instant Pot and it is soooo delicious!
This Post May Contain Affiliate links. Purchasing through them may result in compensation with no added cost to you.
First off we are blessed to live close to a lot of great Apple Orchards. The Apple Hill Growers are an annual family outing for us. And we always bring home our favorites, This year we grabbed Apple pie (to be baked later), Apple Cider, and a box of apples!
I started by peeling all of the apples.
If you don’t mind the skin you should totally skip this step!! This step was definitely the most work, but since my little guy will be eating it I decided it was necessary!
Then just a quick ruff chop and throw them in the pot!
I had a lemon so I squeezed some juice to preserve color and brighten flavors..(this is especially helpful if you have to stop in the midst of making this, to attend to two hyper boys and a fussy babe)
Add 1/4 – 1/2 cup water
and your favorite seasonings.
Applesauce is awesome because you can really add any flavors, seasonings you want to.
Want to pack in as much health benefits as possible? Here’s some easy ideas.
Butter (healthy fats)
Pink Salt ( trace minerals)
Local Honey (great for seasonal allergies) ** Not appropriate for little guys under a year though.
place lid on and seal.
Set on Manual for 3 minutes! The Pot will come to pressure then cook for 3 minutes. Let it natural release completely. Turn off the pot, so it doesn’t stay on keep warm. (depending on how many apples you do at a time, this will take about 15-20 minutes) Walk away and let it cool off.
Then my other favorite kitchen appliance comes in super handy. If you have an immersion blender you can blend the apples up right in the pot!
They aren’t very expensive so grab one on amazon before you make your first batch of applesauce.
You can store your applesauce however you want. Usually I put some in a mason jar for my bigger guys.
And my awesome squeeze station pouches for the baby ( I freeze most of these)
And there’s always the old standby ice-cube trays for the freezer, This is perfect for applesauce because I love to add applesauce to baby’s meal if what I have fresh for him needs a little more! 🙂
Either way, it is yummy and just wonderful! I have discovered I enjoy applesauce best when it’s still warm so don’t forget to pour yourself a nice helping while you put the rest away! 🙂
Happy Instant Pot to you all!
- Peal apples (if desired) and chop.
- Place apples, water, and seasoning in the Instant pot.
- Seal lid and set on Manual (High Pressure) 3 minutes. And that's it!
- Once it's done cooking, turn the IP off and let it natural realease until the pin drops and you can open the lid. ( Or whenever you get back to it. )
- Blend until as smooth as you like it. The immersion blender is awesome for this. But if you don't have one you can transfer the apples to a blender and blend that way. Be careful if the apples are still hot.
- You can add so many things to applesauce. try: Nutmeg or cloves Butter (for healthy fats) Local Honey (great for seasonal allergies) Not appropriate for babies less than a year though. a pinch of Pink Salt ( for minerals)
Applesauce in the instant pot ~ Loveandscribbles.com
4 thoughts on “Instant Pot Applesauce, Easy and Delicious!”