I’ve never made my own home made liquid laundry detergent but, have always wanted to. I suppose I thought it involved a lot of steps and mess and just didn’t feel like tackling it, Until today!
And the only reason I even attempted to make home made liquid laundry detergent today, was because I found this awesome ingredients list and instructions that make it a whole lot easier than I ever thought it could be.
First let me tell you about some of the reasons why I want to have my own homemade liquid laundry detergent
Laundry detergent is one of the most toxic, chemically laden products in our homes.
The Think Dirty app lists most of them as 8 or 9 on their toxic ratings.
listing problematic ingredients such as
- Fragrance – possible Carcinogen, possible allergic reactions
- Sodium Borate (also known as Borax) – Respiratory and sin irritation.
- Alcohol Ethoxy Sulfate – skin irritation.
- Diethylene Glycol – pregnant women use with precaution. this is restricted for use in cosmetics in Canada and completely banned in other countries. * a note here to say this ingredient is in Tide!! Did you know that? I sure didn’t!!
The last store bought detergent I had been using had over 30 ingredients!! With other leading brands having as many as 45 different ingredients!!!!
Now let’s look at the ingredients I’m using to make my home made liquid laundry detergent.
- Washing Soda, Arm & Hammer
- Baking Soda
- Thieves Laundry Soap – from Young Living
- Thieves Household Cleaner – from Young Living
- essential Oils (optional but so great!)
And that’s it! Now, not only do I know what is in my home made laundry detergent, but It’s so easy to mix together!!
Continue reading to find out how to make it or you can watch this video ( I wasn’t going to post this video, I’ve never recorded a video with my kiddos “help” and it’s not the way I wanted it to be. but hopefully it helps you see how easy it is to make this! and maybe a peak into real life over here)Read More