January 7, 2022
This week around the Love home:
Happy New Year! How has 2022 started for all of our LoveandScribbles readers?
Here at the love house, the majority of us are still a bit sad that Christmas is over.. But moving on we must!
Personally, I love New Years! I love the fresh starts, the newness, the extra motivation to declutter and organize! New calendars and planners and all the things make me smile.
I love to set new goals for myself and our family!
I don’t think my family likes it as much as I do, but they will survive 😉
One of my personal goals involves this community here and working to connect more and post regularly! I hope you’ll allow me to share some of the things that have blessed our family. I hope to share recipes, and oily tips, homeschool thoughts and encouragement. Starting with a weekly email, Deanna’s Weekly Scribbles.
Stay tuned and hang in there with me as this blog goes through some changes and hopefully upgrades in 2022! It’s going to be amazing!
What’s on the menu this week:
Have you tried our Creamy Italian Chicken yet? This is the recipe that made me “famous” with my nieces and nephews, so it is always dear to my heart! If you are looking for a comfy, easy recipe to serve this week, check it out!
How we used oils this week:
‘Tis the season for sore throats and sniffles, so here is how we have been arming ourselves!
- My kiddos love “spicy tea”. I use Thieves Vitality with warm water and a little honey.
- We love having the Thieves’ chest rub for those nights that everyone is feeling a little congested.
- The Thieves throat lozenges from Young Living are very soothing and have an extra boost of immunity-building oils!
- Super important to build up our natural immunities during these winter months, so we make sure to have our elderberry syrup in the fridge! Here’s our easy tutorial for making it in the Instant pot: https://www.loveandscribbles.com/recipe/instant-pot-elderberry-syrup/
If you are sensing a thieves theme, you are right! It’s such a powerful tool, year-round, but especially during these cold winter months! Give us all.the.thieves.products!! If you want to shop for any Young Living products, check out the link to our yl website here: https://www.myyl.com/loveandscribbles
School and Family this week:
We enjoyed the break from school. But now it’s time to get back at it. Our boys were blessed with one extra day off because we were able to get carpets installed in the main areas of our house! What a blessing! We actually did quite a bit of home improvement in the most recent weeks. Some of the more messy projects that we’ve been putting off. So, I painted our playroom/den. And white-washed the brick around our fireplace insert. The plan was to paint down the hallway too, but after Christmas, I kind of just spaced on my to-do list… Until New years.. Oops! The carpet makes a humongous difference!!! And it’s so motivating to get to the rest of our to-do lists!
Anyways, as far as schoolwork goes:
We are currently rereading the Lion, the witch, and the wardrobe. One of my favorite read a loud. If you haven’t, I hope you’ll consider adding it to your read-aloud list. It’s magical, it’s whimsical, it is even wintery 🙂
Shop for the Chronicles of Narnia on Amazon!
I bought this sweatshirt from thecrappychristianco
Based on Numbers 23:13 that says,
“ God is not a man, that He should lie. Nor a son of man, that He should repent; He has said, and will He not do it? Or has He spoken, and will He not make it good?”
I thought this saying and verse were the perfect reminders to trust that the Lord is faithful! He will do what He has promised to do for us!
Weekly Book Thoughts:
I’ve been working on making reading a priority for myself! I actually made my 2021 goal of reading 30 books! My kindle and the Library e-lending app called Libby, really helped me accomplish that! Now that it has become more of a habit, I am rarely without something to read!
I hope to share some of my favorite reads with you this year!
What’s Coming This Month:
- I’m challenging myself to a No-Cheat Challenge with THM. Do you know about Trim Healthy Mama? It’s an amazing community of families committed to eating healthy by skipping processed sugar and focusing on fueling our bodies with good fats and healthy carbs! I highly recommend the starter book if you want to learn more about this healthy eating lifestyle! (I’ve lost 27 pounds since Feb. 2021, and feel so much healthier!
You can grab the Trim healthy mama books on Amazon– here!
- As I mentioned earlier, Stay tuned as we make some changes to the website at loveandscribbles.com and pray for opportunities for the Lord to use this platform for His glory in the coming year!
Thanks for your time friends,
Hope you’ll reach out to us and let us know how your 2021 has begun!
How can we pray for you? Encourage you?