5 things that don’t need to change in 2020.
I LOVE New Years. I know that there isn’t any magic to the changing of the calender year. But there is something so refreshing about looking ahead. and even with putting things away that are behind us!
It is easy for me to write lists, goals, plans, hopes for the new year. It is exciting to me.
I like to write out goals for each one of the kids as well as personal ones for me, and even some goals for Ryan and myself too.
We will be adding things like project we would like to do around our home. And even adventures we hope to have as a family.
If you are like me, then you don’t find it hard to quickly come up with a long list of things you would like to change or at the very least improve in the new year.
But the other day I was flipping through a Real Simple Magazine and came across this picture. It’s the title of an article (and honestly I can’t remember what the article actually said.) The title is what stopped me in my tracks.
The tag line said, “It’s the time of year to take stock of what you’re already doing right. “
Wow! In the midst of all the plans, goals, and changes… why not stop and think about the things that DON’T need changing.
Here’s my list of things that don’t need to change in 2020
1.We have been more intentional about more fun family time this year. The boys’ ages help with this being more enjoyable for everyone. We have all loved the evenings of playing video games altogether. Movie nights, watching football while eating nachos, board games.
Please note all of these are activities enjoyed in our home and cost little to no money!! comfy, no pressure, cheap, and a blast!! We will for sure continue these things in the new year.
2. Bread making!! Bread making was a goal I set for my self for 2019 and I have accomplished it! I make 99% of the bread products we eat now. And I love Baking bread! I have found it to be therapeutic, a creative outlet, and just plain delicious.
3. Homeschool. I have always struggled to say I enjoy homeschooling. My confidence in being able to teach and my doubts about if it’s really the best choice for us have been stumbling blocks for me. But I am leaving 2019 knowing that it’s what works for us!!! And in fact, I have found a way to enjoy it, would even miss it, if we were to stop!!! That’s a huge realization for me.
Now, this doesn’ t mean it’s easy… and there are still lots of tuff days trying to work well together but it’s a calling I feel willing to claim and will carry it proudly into 2020. And I also hope to share more of that journey here on loveandscribbles.
4. Instant pot classes. I’m so glad I started hosting Instant Pot classes. It’s a wonderful time. Just talking about my favorite appliance, demonstrating some of my recipes, and helping people! I’m looking forward to scheduling more in 2020. Let me know if you have a ministry or group that would love to have a class in our area!
5. Relationships! I am glad for every relationship I’ve invested in this past year. Not once do I regret a time of connecting with someone. The thing about friendship and general kindness is this: The more you try to bless someone else,(with that being your honest intention) the more of a blessing you end up getting yourself in return. It’s a win-win really. I go into 2020 with hope for connections and community, for our whole family!
** 1 Bonus thing I’d like to add to this list.
6. I love having this space here on loveandscribbles. I am thankful for the opportunities I have had to share things like recipes and tips. Instant pot, essential oils, home life, boymom life… and I’m praying for how the Lord will use it in the coming year. I am confident that He has more planned then I’ve even embraced yet. And I hope to be braver, true, honest and helpful in the New Year. But for sure, No matter what’s ahead, this blog is coming with me into 2020. And I’m excited about that!
Also, praying for how things like Instagram fit into this whole purpose. so, if you’d like to come along, please join me and Deannalove_and_scribbles.
So that’s 5 things that don’t need to change in 2020 and I’m bringing with me into the New Year! And now to find my journal and write some new goals to bring with me too!! yay!!!
What would you put on your list of things that you are already doing right?
Happy Happy New Year,
1 Samual 12:24 ” Only fear the Lord and serve Him in truth with all your heart; for consider what great things He has done for you.”
Have you ever wondered how you can support a blog you enjoy?
There are some pretty simple things you can do that are hugely important for bloggers like me.
- sharing on social media. Like a recipe or post we share? pin it on Pinterest so others can see it too. Or share it on Facebook or Instagram.
- shopping through the links on our site. Loveandscribbles is an affiliate blog. This just means that when you shop through our links we sometimes get a small commission for sending you there. places like amazon, we even have a shopping list here, to show you all the things we mention.
- Enjoy more of our posts and recipes by browsing our recipe lists here!
Thank you all so very much!